Friday, March 28, 2008

Bragging Rights

Its not too often that I get to play Proud Mama, though I do post acheivement news frequently. Usually I'm the Apologizing Mama, Humiliated Mama, or Retreating Mama.

Today was his school conference, which I was looking forward to mainly to hear the awesome tale of how this woman manages to survive 5+ hours a day with my son. Not that he isn't a charmer, he's just a handful of a charmer.


Like we expected, given the academic and creative improvements we've seen at home, he has met and surpassed almost all of his IEP goals. Academically, he is already working on kindergarten-level work. This is exciting for me because I had worried that some of his other behavioral issues and anxieties would cause him to be stubborn about progressing to new things.


But the best news of all? He will indeed be given a spot in the full-day kindergarten program up here near where we live, with the teacher we had hoped for, AND we won't have to pay for it! Praise the Lord!


While today I get to feel like the Proud Mama, I know that all these things had nothing to do with me. To God be the glory for working out all the details, big and small!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, good blog!

Nancy said...

this is really good news.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am so glad to hear about Toby's all day kindergarten! That's great! Susan

God Made Playdough said...

You guys will have to come over to play Wii and have dinner! Thank you for the clothes for Anna! They were adorable! It was a nice suprise, ecspecially after our hard weekend! :)