Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tough Times

When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ
Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley
In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed

-In the Valley by Bob Kauflin

Things have been really tough lately. Sometimes I can hardly stand it. Most days I don't feel like I'm being refined, I feel like I'm being smashed into a million pieces. For those of you who have been sending support my way, I want to thank you. And apologize for not being better at responding. Sometimes I just don't have the words. Or the strength. But you are all so appreciated. Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

It's not always the season to be "responding", for now just lean back and be supported! There come a time when it's your turn to respond, but for now, just know that you are loved and that there are others that are here for you! You are not alone! You have your trials that are unique to you, but you are not alone, we love you!!! Please let us know if there is some way we can help to lift your burden.
I love that song and I love the book, The Valley of Vision, that it comes from? Do you have that book? If not, I want to get it for you! It's incredible!

Anonymous said...

Sara....I say Amen to everything thing that Amy said....I wish there was something more that I could do for you than pray......but I know that is the most powerful thing I can do....but if there is anything else, please let me know.
I hope you are keeping a journal of this journey that God has entrusted you with....it would be such a help to you. Please let me know if you don't have one.
May God continue to give you His strength. love, Wendy E.