Friday, January 18, 2008

For Katie


Those of you who know me know that there are few things I dislike more than involving myself in campaigns, petitions or politics. I'm not one to sign up for a cause and I hate arguing. I do, however, feel strongly about injustice. And, I must say that the day I dropped my son off for his first day in a special education class at school, combined with hearing the insurance company tell me that they will not cover any treatment that applies to his diagnosis, changed something in me. That being said, I want to join with the many families affected by autism in remembering Katie and her family.
"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall,
I well remember them and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him.'"
Lamentations 3:19-24

3 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Sarah, the link doesn't work.

Nancy said...

my cousin and you would get along well. she is so sick of insurance not paying for her daughter and her autistic things. they pay so much out of pocket!

Sarah said...

Fixed the link.