Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Moving on

After much deliberation, I have decided to pull the plug on the blog. (I will still update our adoption blog for the time being.) My reasons are complicated and personal, but mainly have to do with the ending of a season in our life. I began with the intention of journaling the processing of T's autism diagnosis and the impact it has on our life as a family. This was for my growth, as well as providing some information for the curious. Time has passed and, while we're still not totally over the implications of T's autism, we are sort of in a holding pattern. I realize that with him in kindergarten, we're only biding our time. As he gets older, things will get more complicated because the differences with become more obvious. Maybe at that time I will take up blogging again. I also haven't felt totally safe using this particular forum, so it really remains to be seen.

That's really it for now.

S.

8 comments:

tscarter7 said...

OH no! Yours is my favorite blog to read! Whatever will I do without it? Well, you must do what you need to and I'll try to understand. No, really it's ok , I'll be just fine! (so this isn't really about me is it?) I'll look forward to updates on the adoption!love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss it too!!!!!!!
Ernfy

Anonymous said...

Sorry....I was typing in the dark!!!!! the signiture on the last comment should read Wendy!!!!!Holy cow...I don't know what happened there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I'd better make sure I get on over to the other one then. If you start to post again here, give us all a buzz.
BEst wishes

Jessica said...

Oh, I'm gonna miss your blog!!

God Made Playdough said...

No! :( I love reading your writing! I will miss it! I don't want to loose touch with what's going on with your life, I guess we will have to (gulp) talk in real time! :) I guess there's always email too! :)
I really will miss your blog, but I understand.
Love you!

Erin said...

You will need to switch formats and start a family blog! Always so nice to hear how you're all doing, can't wait to meet IRL (in real life) at the next adoption get-together.

Erin

Maria and Family said...

A dear friend of mine is an expert in the field of autism if you ever want her email let me know. She taught and now cares for a young lady with A.