Friday, September 12, 2008

What Child is This??

Shock and awe. That's how I would describe what I feel about how well my son is doing this week. He happily hops aboard the bus each morning, waving goodbye with a grin. Each afternoon, he follows his teacher and fellow classmates out the door, waits for his teacher to release him to me, then rushes over and lets me hug him! He's tired, but with the exception of one day, has been mostly mellow until bedtime. I cannot even begin to describe how much of a change this is -- you really have to know him to understand. I don't know if its due to the novelty of kindergarten, the level of stimulation he has all day, or just the fact that the rest of us are more relaxed with the schedule change. I do know that all the prayer has played a significant role in his success thus far! (Thank you!) I honestly had no idea that he would do this well. I am so pleased! Now we must pray that he will continue to thrive as he adjusts for the long haul.

My little guy has been doing well too. He is just as happy as a three-year-old can be getting to have mommy to himself all day. As I alluded to above, things are just so much calmer around here and that helps significantly in how we all cope. I'm not as exhausted in the evenings and can get more done, too.
The picture above right is from an evening jaunt to the Puget Sound this past weekend. I was able to stock up on more boy-on-the-beach photos, of course, but also snapped this photo of my fearless child investigating a couple of (harmless) jellyfish that had washed ashore. Fun stuff!

No comments: